Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dragon Boat

I joined this sport, oh, back at the end of 2004. I immediately fell in love with the camaraderie between the paddlers and the sport itself. This is one of those sports where all 20 paddlers need to paddle together at the same time - "20 paddles, one heart". That's what I was taught by my coach. You sweat together, eat together and travel together. It's quite addicting. All age groups, skill and exercise levels. I sound like I'm trying to sell this sport. DieselFish I can't help it, where else can you find a sport such as this with such diversity? I think everyone should try it out to see what I mean.  I met my now husband there and others have dated and married as well so you never know what may hit you!



Our International Dragon Boat Race is at Treasure Island every September and it is awesome! We work all season long for this race. The weather was a smidge too hot this year but still gorgeous. I miss paddling with the team now that I have my little guy but I try to get out there every now and then. One day I hope to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment