Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Vegetarian goodness

I have to say I kind of feared vegetarian food. I wondered can I make it myself? Will it taste good? Then I tried Quinoa at a friends who mainly cooks vegetarian. I was sold. Since then I have made corn and quinoa chowder that is heavenly and great for you. A lemon quinoa with asparagus and feta. I can now say I am becoming more comfortable with eating more vegetarian foods. Becoming a conscious eater. I know everyone has their own opinion about meat and you are entitled to it. I know I did get very defensive about being such a heavy meat eater and defending the right to eat it. Part of this was due to being ignorant about the whole thing. Closing my eyes to what happens to our animals all just so I can eat them. I am not criticising meat eating at all. I still love meat, but I want high quality meat from farms that take care of their animals. It's all about knowledge and knowledge is power. I feel good about it.




1 comment:

  1. Completely with you on this one, feeling the same about meat, knowing where it comes from and how the animals who made the ultimate sacrifice for our benefit were treated. The meat tastes better and never disagrees with my system...you can tell the difference. If my body would allow vegetarianism I would go for it, but it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete